Saturday, February 16, 2008

Vanilla Ice Cream with Snickers Fudge Sauce


French Vanilla Ice Cream

2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk*
2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk, and vanilla and whisk to blend.

2. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.

*I think I actually did one cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup half and half, and 1 1/2 cups whole milk instead of the 2 cups cream/1 cup milk like the recipe says.


And remember this little gem I found in Nigella's Feast cookbook from the library? It did not disappoint. It's a really cool recipe- just do what it says, even though at first you may wonder how is this going to ever start to look like a fudge sauce. Trust Nigella- she will never lead you astray.

Peanut Butter and Snickers Fudge Sauce for Ice Cream

1 cup heavy cream
1/2 jar smooth peanut butter (approx 1/3 cup)
3 Tbs dark brown sugar
1 king-size Snickers bar (approx. 3 oz.) broken into pieces
1 Tbs dark corn syrup

Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently. When everything has melted, raise to a simmer, stirring and scraping the pan for about 3 minutes.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks absolutely delicious. You have me begging for an icecream maker for my birthday.

Sarah said...

Matt is going to love me! Snickers are his favorite.

Danette said...

Homemade ice cream, you are extreme! You put Betty Crocker to some serious shame. I think I will buy the ice cream and try to make the sauce, even that is going to be pushing it. But it looks so tastey my mouth is watering, I must go out and do this now!

Holly Moore said...

Yumm!!

murdockspencer said...

Sweet! We made the list! And that ice cream sounds so good!

Jillyboo said...

blame it on the cravings but each time I see this post all i want in the whole world is this snack. Too bad i am too lazy to make it now. Maybe when i am feeling better in a few weeks.

The McEwans said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are the cutest, and your girls are gorgeous! I am so happy we were reunited through blogs! I am so excited to try your recipes. I remember back in the day, Beckie Codd telling me how amazing your homemade peach pie was. I can't believe your tiny baby is 4! Where do you live? I would LOVE to keep in touch with you guys. I remember after you moved, Mike and I talked about how we wished we would have hung out with you guys more. I am so glad you are doing great. Your blog is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails