Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Waffles

It occurs to me that on a blog which serves as kind of an online journal that everyone can read, it would be a great idea to document some of the hilarious things Bobby says, both in and out of consciousness. Bobby is a sleep-talker, and he has said and done some pretty crazy things in his sleep. Saturday night we both fell asleep in the living room watching SNL. I woke up at 2 AM and realized there was some cookies I needed to frost. (Talk about trashy recipes, have you ever had homemade oreos? They are evil! Oh my.) So Bobby heard me get up and he stood up, walked past me and said, "I don't remember getting ready for bed last night," and he kept walking towards the bedroom. I didn't think anything of it until he came back and said, "I didn't get ready for bed last night," and walked back to the hard living room floor, layed down and went back to sleep.

And then of course Sunday was Mother's Day and Bobby did a great job of making me feel loved and appreciated. Actually, Franny and Sophie did, too, although I'm sure they had no clue it was Mother's Day. They both took naps at the same time, which almost never happens, so I actually got to take a nap! Bobby got up really early and made bacon and waffles with maple syrup, fresh whipped cream and bananas. I loved that combo! I think I want that to be our tradition and call them Mother's Day waffles. A Mother's Day miracle: I didn't have to change any stinky diapers (for that I can only thank myself and my awesome rock-paper-scissor skills). After nap-time, we all took a walk together and it was so nice- the weather was perfect. Thank you Bobby for such a wonderful day! I feel so blessed to be a mother and I am so grateful for my beautiful family.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails