Thursday, July 17, 2008

Movin' on up!

We had so much help with our recent move and we are so grateful!!

Thanks to everyone who came and helped load the truck, took my kids so I could get stuff done, helped me clean our house, or even just called to offer to help. We are grateful to have such good friends. Here are a few of the rockstars who helped us move out. We had a whole additional crew on the other end from our new ward to help us move in. You'll notice Jessica is in the picture. She amazes me. She walks in, sets her baby down, and starts loading up the truck with our crap. I was totally planning on just kicking back and watching the guys work, but I couldn't very well do that while Jessica was lifting heavy objects now, could I? Just kidding about kicking back, but seriously- I was so impressed. Oh and by the way, she had already spent an hour or so earlier helping me clean bathrooms. Yeah, bathrooms. I felt so bad after she left and I realized I had asked her to clean our bathrooms?! Jessica, you're such a good friend and I miss you!

And then Rebecca who took both my children on moving day AND the day before so I could get some things done. We're really going to miss your family when you go!

Then Natalie called to offer to help clean the old place with me the next morning. Then she hired a babysitter and had me bring Sophie over there so we could get more done without having to deal with our kids. She was so fast and efficient. And she taught all about the self-cleaning feature on my oven. I'm no longer intimidated by the power of self-cleaning.



I have to put a plug in for my friend's new card business. They do greeting cards and then these small business-card sized ones as well. They are awesome so check them out!

Jessica, Jayne, Natalie, and me. Jess and Natalie, I can't believe you're not here anymore! Jayne, I'm so glad I get to keep you for another year!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad I was able to help...and I felt a little butch in the picture and I think I look it. :) I miss you guys already!!

Brendon said...

can you coordinate for us? we'll be rolling into town on August 13th :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails