Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jayne says...


One of the perks of staying in K-ville is I get to be here when the students come back for graduation. I was so happy to see these two especially. I've missed them so much ever since they left. Natalie is going to be only three hours away for residency, so I am thrilled! I'm hoping to see Jessica next time when I'm visiting my mother-in-law in Idaho. Thanks you two for coming and visiting me during such a busy weekend. Congratulations!!

Natalie smuggled five pounds of cinnamon bears and a giant container of Stephen's hot chocolate out of Utah for me. Cinnamon bears will always remind me of baby Claire. I think I've had a handful every day since she was born thanks to Natalie and my friend Sara!

Jayne came up from Kansas City for a wedding reception and stayed with us for a night. It was so great to have her. While she was here, Claire smiled at Jayne for the very first time ever!! I didn't get it on camera, but this was taken right after. Jayne moved a year ago and I've really missed having her around. She was going to stay in a hotel, but luckily for me it was our local university's graduation and she couldn't find a room. Otherwise we wouldn't have had all that time to sit and chat. I always soak up everything Jayne has to say because she has great perspective and gives great advice. And with Bobby following in her husband Shawn's footsteps as an anesthesiologist, it's nice to know what's coming. I'm hoping we can get down later this summer for a quick visit with the Crook's. It's just not the same without them here!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

it was so good to see you while we were there, I was bummed it was so short and only one visit.

Jami said...

This has nothing to do with your post but I just saw a comment you wrote on my blog and I LOVE Criminal Minds, especially when Trey is outta town for some reason. Scares me to death but I keep watching it. So stupid.

jayne said...

You are so sweet! And yes. You better get down here to see us Crooks. Hopefully next time it will be when we're home! Branson in August? We are game if you are.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails