Sunday, December 23, 2007

Kids say the darndest things.

Franny's old speech therapist once told us she thought Franny was developing her speech in a normal way, but just delayed. We've been noticing Franny saying a lot of funny things lately. I can only imagine that some of the stuff she's coming up with is similar to what a typically-developing 2 year old would be saying. I have to get some of this stuff written down or I'll be sure to forget.

Last night on the way to our family Christmas party, Bobby asked Franny to count to 20 for him. After she was finished, he asked her to count in Spanish. Here's what she said:

"Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, siete. . . taco meat."

The other day I was doing her hair and she took the water bottle I was using and chucked it across the room because she wasn't happy with me for combing out all the snarls. After we were done, she walked over to the water bottle, picked it up and asked, "Are you okay?"

For a few weeks Franny was waking up every morning at 5 AM. One morning I definitely had not had enough sleep the night before and was less than thrilled with the wake-up call. I enlisted the help of our trusty DVD player and gave Franny her choice of DVD's so I could steal a few more minutes of sleep. She settled in with Cinderella with the volume turned down low, and I curled up on our couch. Ten minutes later Franny wants milk. Fine, no problem. Half an hour later she wants to eat. I sleepily pour her a bowl of cereal with some rice milk and then crawl back to my nest of blankets on the couch. I'm just starting to get comfortable when Franny demands another glass of milk. "Mommy, milk. Milk, please. Milk, milk, MILK! MILK!" So I get up, stomp in too the kitchen, pour a small glass of milk and practically throw it at her. No I'm not proud. On my way back to the couch I hear Franny say in a loud whisper, "She's mad."

Franny had a toilet training accident and I was cleaning up the mess and didn't really want an audience. I asked her to leave the room and I shut the door behind her. After about 30 seconds, I heard the door open and Franny stuck her head in and said, "That's disgustin'!"

3 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! Those are great quotes. You are smart to quickly record them before you forget them. She is hilarious. I especially liked "She's mad" :)

rebecca said...

I'm still laughing at "taco meat"!! Soooo funny! What a smartie!!

murdockspencer said...

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails