Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What do my eyes tell you?

Lately Franny has taken an interest in having her picture taken. Sometimes I'm really lucky and I get one like this...

or this.

Otherwise, she looks at the camera like, "What on earth is that doggone contraption?!"

Here's my absolute favorite one from that category. (Franny just saw this picture on the computer screen and said, "she's scared!")

I used to get a lot of pictures like these of Franny. To get her to even look at the camera, I used to have to "neigh" like a horse really obnoxiously or scream at the top of my lungs. There's a lost and hazy look in these eyes that to me seems very autistic. I'm not saying that I don't ever see that look in her eyes anymore, but it is becoming more and more of a rarity. I'm glad she lets us see her eyes more.

I'm not really sure how many parents there are out there who read my blog and have a kid with an ASD, but my Dad has been checking out Autism websites lately and that has prompted some searching of my own. I found this cool website about setting up playdates and how to take data and how to set up ideal situations where our kids can learn how to play and be social. I think it's worth reading. Reading this is helping me realize that there is so much available out there!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That made me tear up. Those are the sweetest, most beautiful eyes. I'm glad she is showing them off more! She's so pretty.

Melissa said...

You and Franny look SO much alike! Your eyes especially! She is so sweet.

Lisa-Marie said...

That is a really special post. Little Franny is blessed to have a Mommy like you. You are amazing.

Jill said...

So beautiful! I miss her!

The last Unicorn said...

I love that even though I am out here in CA, I can still see the progress being made with Franny. Those eyes are amazing... they look like yours :)
Love you!

Ashley said...

Yay for Franny's big, beautiful, 'I'm here', brown eyes!

Jillyboo said...

I can totally relate to your post. There's a huge chunk of photographs where Lukes eyes are so flat... so empty. And then, at the start of this year, you can start to see all the life and joy back in them.
I am so happy that Franny is doing so well. What a wonderful year for your family.

megan said...

What an angle. She is so beautiful like you.

Julia said...

I read your blog!

I miss you Kath. I so enjoy reading your blog and wishing I was as good of a cook as you.

Julia Holmes said...

Franny is way too cute!!! She is doing so much better. She is so pretty.

Jodie B. said...

I love to hear you talk about Franny's progress. It is such an inspiration from all points of view. I am amazed at the sacrifices that you and Bobby have made for her sake. She is one
lucky kiddo to have such wonderful parents. I have also noticed that she looks at me more when she sees us. Amazing little girly you have!!

Anne said...

She really is so pretty.

Jordan said...

Two beautiful brown-eyed girls! You guys have the same eyes.

Holly Moore said...

First I want to say that you are AMAZING. She is so lucky to have you as her mom. And second, you look so much alike. Its crazy. I hope things are good. I've been thinking about you. I don't have Julia's number but when you talk to her next tell her I said "Hello!" too.

Sheryl said...

It is wonderful to see what a blessing you are for your Franny. I don't know if Julia told you, but I am a secretary at a school for special needs kids. You keep up the advocacy for your baby!! I am so excited to get to know all of your cute family as we shall all be family this Spring..
Love from Grant's mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's a looker, like her mama! Such a pretty little girl.

Just thinking about you and hoping all is well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails