Wednesday, April 22, 2009

LMYR

Photobucket
Happy Birthday Dad!

For your birthday post this year I thought it would be fun to list a few of my favorite memories with you.

  • Julia and I laying on the guest bed with our wet hair hanging over the edge and you sitting on a chair next to the bed pointing two blow-dryers at our heads on a Saturday night.
  • Neil Young concert. Daddy-daughter date. The year 2000.
  • You saying, "I bet I can make you smile," every time we were cranky or upset while we were growing up. You always could.
  • You whispering that I'm your favorite daughter, and then turning to one of your other daughters and whispering the same thing.
  • You playing the guitar for Franny when she was 18 months old. She loved that.

  • You holding Franny the night she was born, sitting in my armchair all night and listening to Neil Young.
  • You playing your guitar and singing "Blackbird."
  • When we were sitting at dinner, and you used to pound on the table with your fist and scream "SILENCE!!" (But only when we begged you to do it.)
  • The first time I called you for help and advice when I would have normally called Mom, and afterwards you said, "How was this? Did I do alright?"
I love you Dad. Thanks for being so wonderful.

Happy Birthday! Long may you run.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweet birthday tribute!

Jillyboo said...

what a great birthday gift.
And I love that last picture, its perfect.

Rebecca said...

So sweet Katherine, love you and your dad. Aunt Becky

Related Posts with Thumbnails