Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shrimp Pad Thai

Our last cooking club for this year was last night at Erin's house and we had such a good time! The theme was erotic ingredients, and we had some pretty crazy stuff there! Just kidding! The theme was exotic ingredients. The food was great! My exotic ingredient was fish sauce. It's been in my cupboard for a long time and I finally decided to use it. Fish sauce smells like feet.

I made Shrimp Pad Thai and it was pretty good. It comes from my Everyday Food cookbook, so it's like Thai Food for Dummies, but it was pretty decent. Another unusual ingredient for me in this dish was rice stick noodles. That was the first time I had ever used those as well. Bobby feels strongly that Asian food is best eaten in Asian restaurants and I'm going to have to agree that Thai, Chinese, and Japanese cuisines taste better when it's prepared by the pro's. It was fun to give it a shot though, since I can't get Thai food anywhere around here.

6 comments:

jayne said...

Shawn loves thai food--as he served a laotion/thai speaking mission in Cali. When we were first married he had this bottle of fish sauce in our fridge that I never used, mainly because I didn't know what to do with it. One night he opened the fridge too hard and it fell onto the tile floor and shattered into a million pieces. It definitely smells like feet---and it stays around awhile! This recipe looks good! Just don't break your bottle of fish sauce.

Katherine said...

Oh man! Yeah, that would be gross! If anyone wants to borrow my fish sauce, let me know. I don't think you can find it town anywhere.

Wilsons said...

Erotic!!! I can't stop laughing. Did you mean exotic? You crack me up!

Wilsons said...

So I didn't finish reading your post...it still makes me laugh!

The Posse said...

Hahaha fish sauce DOES sound pretty erotic. Don't fix that typo please!

Jill said...

There is such thing as erotic food, Katherine I think you have taken your love for cook too far.. just joshen ya :) This was my favorite, it was too die for delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails