I'm coming clean. I steal magazines from the doctor's office occasionally. Truthfully I fight this urge every time I'm in a doctor's office, but sometimes I'm just not strong enough to walk out without that Better Homes & Gardens containing recipes that must become mine, or the fashion mag with makeup tips I've been desperately needing to spice up my look, or that article in TIME that I didn't have time to read because the nurse called my name too soon. (Who are you kidding, Katherine? You don't read Time. Okay, People. People Magazine is my doctor's office guilty pleasure.)
Yesterday I noticed that four people had taken my quiz and marked "yes" it is wrong to take magazines from the doctor's office. Uh-oh. So I hurried and answered "no." On my own quiz! Well, tonight I noticed four more people marked "yes" but two people marked "no." I'm so glad that I'm not the only one! So, let me see if I've got this straight: 72% of the time it is wrong to take magazines from the doctor's office, but the other 28% of the time, it's all good. That works for me because it's about 28% of the time that I allow myself to succumb to temptation and walk out with the doctor's magazine.
The main reason I want to take magazines is the same reason I think the doctor's office doesn't mind my taking them. They are old! Sometimes several months, which means I can't find a copy on the magazine rack and it's time for the office manager to get rid of them. I figure I am 1.) saving the office manager/receptionist a trip to the trash can, and 2.) recycling. The environment? Come on, guys.