Monday, October 1, 2007

Cherry Lime Coconut Scones

2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
1/3 c dried cherries
1/3 c sweetened coconut
zest of 1 lime
2/3 c coconut milk

glaze for scones:
juice of one lime
powdered sugar

Mix dry ingredients in food processor. Add diced butter and pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add lime zest, coconut and cherries and pulse 2 or 3 more times. Add coconut milk all at once and process until dough comes together. Pat dough on a floured surface into a circle that is about 7 inches round and about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut into circles or half-moons. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and brush with lime glaze.

2 comments:

valerie said...

I am so hooked on orange cranberry scones but these look so good. I'm trying these!!

Melody said...

what a great idea to use coconut milk! I always have that on hand. Buttermilk, on the other hand is usually my showstopper when I crave scones. Thanks for the great idea. I made the lemon cherry scones for Paul's first day at his first rotation and I didn't hear the end of it until his last day. They were such a hit. I'll have to try your variation next I love limes and so does Paul!

Related Posts with Thumbnails