Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sophie's first sugar high

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had some friends join us for cake and ice cream on Sophie's birthday and it was a blast. (Most of these pictures were taken by Natalie. Thank you SO MUCH, Natalie!! I love them.) Sophie wasn't too sure about the sticky egg-white frosting at first, but after a few tastes off my finger and a little poking around to ensure that there was actually cake underneath all that pink stuff, she got down to business. In fact, she was so slow in the beginning, that I sort of forgot about her and started serving cake and ice cream to everyone else! Slow and steady wins the race and as you can see by the last picture, she made quite a dent in that cake! That night was the first time Bobby and I have ever witnessed an actual "sugar high" with one of our kids. She was all over the place and actually "bouncing off the wall." I saw her walk towards the girls' bedroom and she ran right into the wall, bounced off and fell on the ground, then got back up and kept going! We let her stay up an extra hour after Franny went to bed, since she was clearly too wound up to go to bed. I cleaned the kitchen while Bobby stayed with her in the living room and I came out to find that my birthday girl had crashed next to her Dad, face down in a pillow. It was a really fun day.

12 comments:

Sara said...

So cute!!!!

janellelee said...

how fun! you look gorgeous! and your kids are so cute! sadie's 1st is in 2 weeks or so. i miss her babiness!:( they are growing tooooooooooo fast! on a different note-
there is this old joan crawford movie called 'Straitjacket' and you should rent it sometime...it is a terrible movie but there is a little girl in the beginning that looks so much like franny!

TerriLyn said...

Sugar high huh? That's hillarious! Sophie is the cutest kid. We're looking forward to Tabi's first b-day too. :-)

D-dawg said...

oh so cute! She did a great job on her cake! My kids have a sugar high almost everyday so I know what you are talking about. Happy b-day to Sophie!

The last Unicorn said...

It may have been the first... but I'm sure it won't be the last!!! I love your lay out... you will have to teach me how to do that now that I am getting the hang of this blogging thing. I love you... happy birthday Sophie!

Jessica said...

Katherine you really are a gourmet. Even your birthday cakes are gorgeous. I wish I could come eat at your house all the time. Looks like you guys had a fun birthday especially Sophie.

Julia Holmes said...

That would have been so fun to watch!!! I wish I could have been there. She is so cute. That scrap book page is adorable. Guess what!!! We get to see you guys in a month!! I am so excited. LOVE YOU!!

Jodie B. said...

I am so glad you did some pictures. I did not get to see much since I left early but it looks like I missed a lot of fun!!

Anne said...

Darling, I love the picture where she crashed next to Bobby.

Melody said...

Such a cute scrapbook page! And I love that zonked out Sophie. So far, Eirik has never fallen asleep anywhere but his carseat or his bed. Am I too anal? That looks like fun.

valerie said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! It looks like she had a great time. I love the picture of the sugar high crash.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun birthday party!! She is such a cute girl. She gets bigger every time I see her, it's fun to watch her grow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails