Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BBQ Chicken Tacos with Lime Mayonnaise



I found this recipe on a trial run I took of this software called SousChef that my friend Josh told me about. It was really good. I was kind of nervous about the cinnamon chicken. The recipe didn't call for any salt, which I didn't notice until after I grilled it. I sprinkled a generous amount of kosher salt on after I sliced the chicken. Problem solved, but next time I would add the salt to the spice mixture. The lime mayonnaise was insane. I want to try it on fish tacos. I think that would taste amazing! It helped that I had the perfect tomato and avocado. I love that.

Franny ate ALL of her taco and loved it, so I let her drink the rest of of my rootbeer. Sophie wasn't a fan. She spent the whole dinner crying for a banana.

Barbecued Chicken Tacos With Lime Mayonnaise

Give traditional Mexican ingredients a modern twist in these fabulous tacos with zingy lime mayonnaise.

ingredients
2 tomato, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, mixed with
2 teaspoons dried oregano, and
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
4 chicken breast
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
1 head lettuce, shredded
cilantro
tortillas (we used both flour and corn)

directions
1. Preheat a broiler/griddle or barbecue.
2. Mix the tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
3. In a large bowl combine the mixed spice and herb mixture with the oil until well blended.
4. Add the chicken to the spice and herb mixture and turn in the mixture to coat well.
5. Cook the chicken breasts on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning a couple of times.
6. When the chicken is fully cooked through, place on a chopping board and slice.
7. To make the lime mayonnaise, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest.
8. To serve; fill the tacos with the sliced chicken, avocado salad and lettuce. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise and sprinkle with cilantro.

6 comments:

Julia said...

You seriously make the best food all the time! I'm curious to know what are the staple dishes in your household. Do you have favorites that you make all the time?

Sheryl said...

Girl, I am sitting at my desk, and I can't wait to go home and try these recipes!! Thanks for having fun and feeding my kids!

Julia Holmes said...

Oh boy! You are making me very hungry!!

Anonymous said...

Your food is unbelievable. I am just thinking of making the CHicken artichoke casserole of like aug 2007 but it says to add flour to the butter but not how much. Trust me, I need to know how much. Let me know. Thanks.

Rachel said...

You are putting my cooking skills to shame Katherine. Seriously, do you ever just make mac and cheese? LOL. You rock the kitchen woman.

Kristen said...

This is what my fam is having for dinner. Thanks for the recipe, it sounds amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails