Monday, October 20, 2008

Uncouth


Franny was playing "peek-a-boo" last night with our black plastic cauldron. Her shirt says, "I love Mormon boys."


So a couple of weeks ago I was with the girls and something crazy happened. The kind of thing that makes a girl who's not the swearing type feel compelled to say, "What the hell?!" And since I can't remember what crazy thing happened a couple of weeks ago, you're just going to have to trust that my saying "What the hell?!" in front of my 4 1/2 year old was warranted and not report me to the authorities.

So here's how that went.

Something crazy happens.
Me, because I can't control it and I don't have a choice: "What the hell?!"
Franny says, "What the heCK?"
I think to myself, with an unsettling feeling of relief and shame, "Good Girl. Bad Mommy."

The other day I was getting Franny's lunch packed for school and I opened the freezer and a container of frozen raspberries fell and spilled all over my dirty kitchen floor.
"Dang it!!!" I said.
And then Franny said, "Damn it!"

Confusion sets in. A few seconds pass. "Wait... WHAT?"

Of two things I am sure of this morning. 1. My kitchen floor needs to be mopped. 2. I said "Dang it" that morning and not the other one.

Which leads me to my next question:

What the hell?!

16 comments:

christine said...

So that may be the funniest thing I've heard in weeks.
By the way Kathrine you are and excellent writer.

Sarah said...

LOL. I love it. I'm one of those people that loves it when other people are driven to swearing. It totally cracks me up.

Chrissy said...

I can't believe how big she is! She is so pretty and she looks so tall in her pictures. Watch out Bobbi, the boys are going to be coming soon :)

Holly Moore said...

Hilarious! Oh man, kids pick up the strangest things.

Anonymous said...

Olivia asked me this morning if the bath was "freakin' hot." Great...

Kelly said...

That is so funny. I love that story!

The Haas Family said...

This is totally hilarious! Love the post!

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh, this is so funny. My kids have repeated a few words like this, too. =) Do you laugh? Or cry? Or both? =)

Sheryl said...

What a cutie! I remember coming home from spending the night at my aunt's house and using an expletive. Mom was not happy, didn't go there for awhile. Kids are such little parrots, we soon find for good or ill!

Cari said...

I just had to laugh when I read this because it reminded me of the time my 3-year-old son blurted out in the middle of Sacrament Meeting, "When are we gonna get the hell out of here?" Yeah. I felt real good.

Raquel said...

Nice laugh for the morning

Julia Holmes said...

Haha that is too funny. I can just see it. She is so cute and she is so pretty.

sara said...

Oh my, that is my favorite post ever. Right up there with the mug shots you tried to get a copy of for your blog. You are so funny Katherine!!! And so is your daughter, without even knowing it!

Ashley said...

Oh Frances Scout. I love that kid.

Sara said...

bwaaaaaaaahaha!!!

loved this post!

Kelly Evanson said...

gotta love it! that is hilarious katherine. kids are just too smart!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails