Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fish Tacos with Lime Mayonnaise

I mentioned in this post that I wanted to try this mayonnaise on fish tacos. It was so good. It tasted better than I ever dreamed it could! I made the avocado salsa and served them with the lime mayo and cilantro on flour tortillas. I can't wait to make them again! (Another plus- this recipe is dairy-free and could easily be made gluten free by subbing rice flour and corn tortillas.)

BATTER FOR FRYING FISH

2 c. self-rising flour
8 tbsp. cold water or more, if needed
4 tsp. salt
8 tbsp. oil
2 egg whites and 2 egg yolks
1 or more lbs. filleted fish
oil for frying

Soak fish for 25 minutes in salted water. Whisk 2 egg yolks and stir in flour, cold water, salt and oil. Mix all together. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, fold into flour mixture. First dip fish into flour, then into batter, then into flour again and into batter again. Fry in oil until golden brown.

4 comments:

Holly Moore said...

Seriously, your blog does not disappoint. Everything you make looks soo yummy!

Julia said...

I finally made something that you posted on your blog! The BBQ chx tacos with lime mayo. I didn't love the seasoning on the chx, but the avocado salsa and lime mayo were to die for. I caught myself after every bite saying "mmm." We will try them on fish tacos next time.

Jenny said...

um...I'm going to have to try this for my hubby. I can't stand fish, so I don't ever cook it. So every once in a while I need to try to please the hubby and I'm sure this will turn out fabulous.

Mandi said...

Two things about your blog: I either feel guilty for not cooking fabulous meals like you, or my mouth waters and I want to eat it all! No really, I love your blog! Miss ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails