Saturday, November 22, 2008

Taco, Burrito, what's hanging out of your speedo?

My title is from a SNL cheerleader skit. I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I did find this:



My food pictures are always pretty crappy, but they've been especially crappy lately because I am so hungry by the time the food is ready! You know what happens to Professor Lupin in Harry Potter 3 when he sees the moon near the Whomping Willow? Well, that's pretty much how I get when it's time for me to eat again. (And yeah, I know I sound like a Harry Potter nerd, but at least I don't shout out "Expecto Patronum" in my sleep like my sister Julia.)

I got these recipes from my Dad who got them from the Pioneer Woman.

It's actually a recipe for cowboy nachos, but instead of serving them as an appetizer I used flour tortillas and served them up as tacos. Yummy.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Is this some kind of announcement? Why are you so hungry by the time the food is ready. Is baby #3 cooking away in there?

Jami said...

I don't have a comment about your recipe but I did love that snl skit. I remember the "tacos burritos" one perfectly :)

Jodie B. said...

I think that the food looks very yummy but I really enjoyed the Harry Potter reference! Love it!

Katherine said...

No Rachel, I'm not pregnant. Just crazy like that. :)

Julia Holmes said...

I never yelled expectro patronum in my sleep. I have no idea what you are talking about. haha talk about a Harry Potter nerd. You punk! :)

Rach said...

You have the BEST recipes on this site. Seriously I am planning my meal calendar for the week and using about 4 of your recipes. And, the title of this post just about made me fall out of my chair because I was laughing so hard.

rebecca said...

This SNL clip rates as one of my top favorites :) Thanks for posting :) And I, too, am planning my weekly menu from you blog right now :) I LOVE your recipes!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails