Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Will somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?



Bobby's birthday was on Sunday and we had a quiet celebration at home, just the four of us.

This is probably something I shouldn't admit, but I spend a lot of time each day just waiting for Bobby to get home. I admit that part of it is that I would like some help with the kids so I can get stuff done, but most of it is that life is just a lot more fun when Bobby's around. I love his sense of humor. He can get me laughing harder than anyone, and he does it on a regular basis. I am so grateful for the wonderful father he is to our girls. He is just as committed as I am to helping Franny recover from autism and it feels so good to have that support. When I realized that he was willing to base his decision on where we should go for rotations on what was best for Franny, and not what was best for him, I couldn't believe it. And what do you know, looks like staying right here in the place where we live is turning out to be just the right thing for us! Life's funny that way, isn't it?

It's time to reveal our secret shame. It was wrong of me to keep it from you all this time, so I'm coming clean. We are Schleich addicts. We have a huge collection of Schleich animal figurines. Here's a picture I took. I wasn't able to fit all of them in the picture, which by the way, doesn't at all do them justice. Out of all the presents Bobby got for Christmas, he was most excited about his new Schleich animals I ordered him from the internet. I just love that about him. So that's what he got for his birthday, too! Two whales, the Tyrannosaurus Rex, a giant octopus, a dalmation, a musk ox (one of the few animals native to Greenland), and the two-humped camel. The T-rex is incredible. We were so impressed with how real it looks! I told Bobby that I wished they had a King Kong. They have dragons and fairies and stuff. They even have a whole line of Smurfs. He said maybe I should write the company. I think maybe I will.



We also sat in front of the computer and let the Flight of the Conchords entertain us. I feel silly posting these videos, because I think by now everyone's heard of them- but on the off chance you live in a cave and only emerge periodically to check out my blog, then allow me the pleasure of introducing you to the musical stylings of Brit and Jermaine. Love you, Bobby. Here's to many more birthdays and many more Schleich animals.




8 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Bobby! The dinner looked fabulous.

Anne said...

Ok, so I new about your collection, but this is a real collection.

Ashley said...

Out of control, my friend. Well, my friend's husband. But you're enabling! Why didn't you put what you REALLY call the Schleich animals?

Ashley said...

That sounds mean. I consider Bobby my friend too. Happy Birthday Bobby!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Bobby! The food looks great, lucky guy!

Chantel said...

My kids would DIE if they saw all of those animals!! We should have made a trip over to see all of them :)

The Posse said...

Videos: I have tears in my eyes. Brilliant. I <3 FOTC!

Anonymous said...

Interesting.......I am a cutleries manufacturer supplier and looking for partners globally. If any one interest please contact me through this website.

Related Posts with Thumbnails