Friday, January 25, 2008

What's cookin' good lookin'?




We had two G.A.I.'s this week (Girls Afternoon In). Franny's little friend LOVES to cook and so we invited her over to make pancakes. I think they look so cute using the handmixer! I think it's so cute that Kenya wants to be a chef when she grows up. She was so interested in everything we were doing. She wanted to know all about the beaten egg whites and what we needed them for. After we were done cooking, we were playing dress-up in the playroom and she asked me, "What kind of things do you like to cook?" It was so cute. I want to have her over again!

Notice Miss Franny has that hazy look in her eyes that I've mentioned before. It comes and goes. As I was loading these pictures I thought I'd try to find those sharp beautiful eyes I love so much. This 6 AM photo shoot cracked me up so I thought I'd share.




Aw, there you are Franny!

Here's the recipe for GFCF Banana
Pancakes that we made:

1 1/2 cups rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/4 cup water
3 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Tbs honey
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 (large) overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 egg whites

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in water, oil, honey, egg yolks, and bananas

Beat egg whites in another bowl, until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter and bake pancakes in a hot, oiled griddle or frying pan. Cook on both sides until golden.

3 comments:

Jill said...

How fun, what a good mom you are!

Jodie B. said...

How fun!! I know that Kenya had a great time! You are such a fun mom!

Erin said...

That looks like so much fun!!! What darling little chefs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails