Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Triple Chocolate Mousse Trifle

I am SO behind on my blogging. I made this weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to posting about it!

Nearly two years ago I found this recipe and knew it was destined to become a favorite of Bobby's. It is delicious! I saw it on Martha Stewart's show. I made them for a cooking club I hosted at my house and they were a big hit. Here's a picture of Beckie, Erin and I that night. (We all showed up wearing green.) You can see what they are supposed to look like in the bottom left corner of the picture. It's a recipe that makes six individual cakes and they are lovely! I was successful in forming the cakes the first time, but this time I could not get the stupid parchment paper to tape together, which is how you create the molds. I had a great idea- and thank goodness for that because I was at risk of becoming darn near apoplectic- how about a trifle!

It worked out very well. Unfortunately I had to serve the trifle in a souffle dish because I could not locate my trifle dish. That made me crazy and now I'll probably do the whole thing over again now that I've found my trifle dish because I want to see how pretty this dessert looks in the proper serving dish. I'm crazy like that.






7 comments:

Julia said...

With all the delicious food you make I'm surprised you stay so thin! Everything always looks so tasty.

Erin said...

Mmmm. I remember these. And how fun to go to your blog and see our picture there! I miss you!

Holly Moore said...

Yumm!! I think you should send that recipe to me!

Jill said...

They were fabulous!

Natalie said...

Let me know when you make it again--I'll bring the spoons!

hayley said...

Oh my goodness those look SO GOOD! And you guys all look so good in the picture:) I wished my husband liked chocolate more, otherwise I am afraid I will eat all of it without sharing!!!

Kayla said...

I just made this recipe today for my husband's birthday. I had to turn it mine into a trifle too but it still tasted so delicious! My brother-in-law even asked for the recipe; he couldn't get enough! And my mother-in-law was so impressed she even took a picture of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails