Saturday, April 21, 2007

Gyros and Key Lime Pie


Last night I made gyros with roast leg of lamb and Tzatziki sauce (cucumber sauce). I made this once before with a recipe for lamb patties that I found in Nigella Lawson's Forever Summer. This was also a very tasty option for gyros. The tzatziki sauce recipe makes the meal- it's from Barefoot Contessa Parties. I highly recommend it. I served the gyros with shards of feta, cherry tomatoes, and the sauce. My friend brought a delicious Greek salad that some of us tried stuffing in our gyros and that tasted great, too.

Here's the Frozen Key Lime Pie I made, too. The recipe comes from Barefoot Contessa Family Style. It's very simple and very delicious. I think it works best if you freeze the filling in the crust TWO days before you want to serve it.

2 comments:

janellelee said...

ohhhhhhhhh, i am going to try this! i will let you know. Michael always wants me to branch out...so this is a great blog for me! it makes me hungry tho!

Sheen said...

I can vouch for this AMAZING meal. It was so good. Oh, and we forgot to borrow The Office. I'll call you sometime...

Related Posts with Thumbnails