Monday, May 14, 2007

Burgers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am SO ADDICTED to blogging. I just have so much to say lately. I am constantly thinking of stuff to write about and trying to hold myself back! On Friday night we made burgers. I thought I'd share my burger tips with you. I start with a pound of ground chuck in a mixing bowl and add the following:

1-2 Tbs. A-1 steak sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
a few generous shakes of Lawry's seasoning salt

Since I'm such a fan of butter, I also like take a cold pat and hide it in the middle of the patty. Something about keeping the burger nice and moist. However, I skip this step when I'm 10 pounds overweight. It still tastes great. We inherited a grill from the Crook's (THANK YOU JAYNE AND SHAWN!!), but we have yet to purchase a propane tank, so I prepared these in the skillet. In a big pan over medium-high heat, heat up a little olive oil, and add the patties. You want to leave the burger in the pan for at least 5 minutes, so that it can form a skin and you don't destroy the integrity of the burger. Otherwise it might fall apart. I think it's 5 minutes per side for medium rare, and 7 minutes for medium. Also, resist the urge to flatten the burger with a spatula. That releases all the juiciness! Throw some cheese slices on the last few minutes of cooking. I served this burger with carmelized onions.

Also, I like to butter the hamburger buns and broil them for a minute or two so they are nice and toasted.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Burgers are now on the menu for the week. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails