Saturday, May 5, 2007

Too Much Cooking for One Day!

I tried some new recipes on Thursday. First I made this white chocolate fruit tart for my friend Erin's birthday. The crust and the white chocolate mousse I found on epicurious.com, and then I just used nectarines, blackberries, strawberries, and kiwis with an apricot glaze. I think this white chocolate mousse is fabulous.

Then I made whole wheat bread. It's so good. I can't even describe it. It's so good- you have to make it. Click here for the recipe.

Then I made a new recipe: Bistro Chicken with Rosemary-Roasted Potatoes. It's from Cooking Light. It was pretty good for a healthy recipe. The potatoes needed to cook longer than the recipe specified to start to carmelize and form a skin. I've attached a link, but didn't bother with a picture.

Lastly, I tried a new recipe from my new cookbook for Spinach with Orzo and Feta. We both really liked this.

6 comments:

Erin said...

That White Chocolate Mousse Tart is divine. I actually just had a little slice of it with my breakfast. :) Thank you, Katherine - it's heavenly!!!!!!!

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Sorry for the deleted post I was signed in as Jordan. You are soooooo talented, I LOVED the bread!

The Posse said...

Derek looked over my shoulder at your lovely tart. Thanks a lot for showing me up. He was impressed with my panne cotta until he saw that. I suppose it's only fair, but do you have to post ALL your beautiful pictures?

Katherine said...

Oh, come on- panna cotta is way sexier than a fruit tart. That's chick food! :)

Melody said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about how good that tart was. I had a little at Erins, and I will never be the same again.
Oh, and then I tried your ice cream with dark chocolate and toasted coconut on it tonight at cooking club and I fell deeper in love with you than ever before.
Katherine, you're dreamy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails