Friday, May 18, 2007

Chocolate Stains


Franny was invited to a birthday party for the daughter of some friends of ours. It was scheduled for the middle of the day when Franny is usually in school, but I thought it would be a good idea to pull her out and the school agreed that it would be a good opportunity for her.

From the moment we got there, Franny had her eye on the chocolate cupcakes with fudge-y frosting and sprinkles. It was quite a feat keeping her away from them until after we sang "Happy Birthday" but I managed somehow. I handed her a cupcake and asked her to come and eat it by me- I knew there would be some wiping of hands on clothes and she was wearing her cute Gymboree outfit from grandma. It may come as quite a shock, but the domestic goddess is actually quite inept when it comes to stain removal. Anyway, she took the cupcake out of my hands (rather greedily, I might add, and I think it was even accompanied with a "let go" which she recently learned at school) and ran off to sit with the other girls on a blanket that was spread out.

I couldn't have been happier. In fact, I jumped up and took this picture so I could tell Bobby and all of you about it later. It's great to see all of the improvement in her social skills. I'll take progress anyway I can get it and if that means fiercely scrubbing stains out with Shout, Oxy-clean, or Clorox, or worse: accepting defeat and living with chocolate stains... [sigh].... then so be it.

6 comments:

Melody said...

I must be pregnant because I cried when I read this. I'm so happy for little Franny!

jayne said...

I'm so happy for Franny, and for Franny's Mom to be able to celebrate her successes!

Jill said...

YAY Franny, and YAY Franny's mom. You both never cease to impress me!

janellelee said...

oh, she is so cute. that is awesome that you get to see her progress!!! your blog looks great and i have a lot of reading to catch up on! and it looks like some more great recipes! i love all the recipes, it has been giving me great dinner ideas! so thanks!
sophie is a doll! she has such chubby little cheeks! and i LOVE her hair! all my babies have been bald.

Chrissy said...

I love it! That is so awesome! Yes, we did teach her to say "let go" and I am so glad that she has generalized it to the natural environment. It is, after all, a very functional phrase ;)

Wilsons said...

That is great! She is an amazing little girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails