Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Fish Tacos


These very simple tacos come from my new cookbook, Everyday Food. We made these last Saturday (I'm a little behind on my blogging.) I had Mahi Mahi on hand, so I substituted that. They were pretty good, but nothing fabulous. I was a little disappointed with the fish, I think. Maybe it would have tasted a lot better if it was fresh. (I can only get it frozen in K-ville.) The lime/jalapeno/sour cream sauce was yummy. I also wondered if I would have liked it more if the fish was battered and fried, or if it was grilled instead of just cooked in a skillet. I'll have to try a different recipe next time.

2 comments:

Melody said...

What's the purple stuff? I love fish tacos, but I think they have to be crispy to really hit the spot. That's funny that I was talking about making fish tacos this morning and you had just made them.

Katherine said...

I know! That is funny- next time I'm going to fry the fish for sure. The red stuff is shredded red cabbage with the sour cream/lime juice dressing tossed with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails