Thursday, May 24, 2007

Raspberry Rhubarb Crisp


I was really excited to try this recipe I found for a raspberry rhubarb pie. I decided I was going to try making my first lattice crust. I have the pastry wheel and everything and I have never bothered to try it out. Anyway, I waited too long and some of the rhubarb I had went bad and what I was left with was hardly enough to make a small crisp. It was okay... I'm still going to have to try that pie, but it will most likely be peach later this summer, because I've had enough rhubarb for now. I didn't really follow any one recipe for this. I used the rhubarb crisp recipe from the Everyday Food cookbook along with the peach and blueberry crisp recipe from my new Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook. I just added some fresh raspberries. Crisps are nice because your measurements don't need to be exact like when you're making a pie crust. It was no double crust pie, but it was pretty good.

3 comments:

Cole Kimball Warner said...

So where is the recipe for Rasberry Rhubarb Crisp? All I see is a picture of a cookbook.
I'd rather not by the book.

Love

Dad

Katherine said...

Dad, thanks for commenting on my blog! It's so great to see support from the family!!! :)

I'll put the recipe up for you, except I'm not really sure what the measurements were exactly. I'll do my best to remember though.

Ashley said...

Did you notice part of that was gone when you got back home yesterday? Mmmm, it was delicious :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails