Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May is project month

I am notorious around these parts for projects that never seem to get finished. And since we are moving soon and I don't want to move all these unfinished projects, I'm giving myself an ultimatum.... okay, not an ultimatum, because I don't actually believe I can finish all five projects before the end of the month and I certainly have no intention of abandoning them if I don't. Rather, I'm giving myself a deadline- I want to finish my projects by the end of May. It's a goal. I seem to have recovered some of my lost energy in the last few days and I feel motivated to get things done!

So here's an example of one of my forsaken projects: the infamous quilt. I took this project on in JANUARY 2006! I drove to my sister-in-law's house near Louisville, KS and we spent a few days putting this quilt top together- it's meant to be a gift for my good friend's baby present. Her daughter Emma is getting close to 18 months old! (I'm so sorry, Betsy.) I really only have a few more blocks to hand-stitch, then it needs the binding and that will be it! Apparently hand-quilting doesn't do it for me. I did enjoy putting the quilt top together, but that could be because of all the great conversation and time spent with Jen. Meanwhile, it looks pretty nice draped in the corner of my family room.

It makes me excited thinking I could actually finally finish this and four other projects by the end of the month! Stay tuned for progress reports.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Ooh, goody! Can't wait to see them all! Gorgeous quilt. Lucky betsy!

Jill said...

I love that quilt your friend is lucky. You should make a wager with Bobby, that way you will be more inspired to get all 5 projects done... you can do it :)

Erin said...

I think that is the prettiest quilt. Just looking at it makes me want to make one. Seriously, I want to do a quilt once I move to Michigan, and since I have no idea how to do it, I will be calling you! I mean, you've been working on this quilt now for a year and a half, so you must be a pro.... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails